• 1 1/2 cup almond meal.
• 3/4 cups arrowroot flour. ( put 1/2 less arrowroot if you want it more moist)
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt.
• 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda.
• 5 eggs.
• 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar.
• 1 large zucchini, grated.
• 1 large carrot, grated.
• 2 tablespoons pepitas.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C / 325°F / Gas Mark 3 and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, arrowroot, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
3. In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
4. Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the zucchini and carrot, add to the eggs and whisk well.
5. Add the egg mix to the dry ingredients. Mix well to combine. Pour the dough into the prepared loaf tin and sprinkle with pepitas.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing into 1.5cm thick slices.
This bread is quite dense so, depending on your oven, may require longer cooking time. You can also toast this bread if you like or have as a snack during the day.